Thursday, November 4, 2010

you capture -- silence

This week's challenge is halloween (see a few posts below) and silence.  I was challenged by silence because I did not find myself in the midst of much silence this past week.  It was a busy week of caretaking kiddos and having friends over.  After sitting and pondering what in the world respresented silence I decided to capture the nativity we got in Ecuador this summer.  It was an opportunity to inward reflect the silence that must have been present as the Christ child entered the world.  I'm sure there were many moments of silence during the scene we can only imagine. 




I still haven't figured out how to change the order in which they post; so sorry!  I'm working on my blogging skills : )  Have a great day!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. wow, great post! I love how you interpreted the theme for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your nativity! I collect unique ones, I especially love sets from other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie! Please tell me that you printed, framed, and hung the 'Gnome Under The Tree'. If not, you HAVE to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! And the Gnome in your header...oh my gosh, TOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph - I've been wanting to see what you'd do for scilence -- this is great! I LOVE the nativity set! and...I LOVE you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa has been trying to spell silence correctly all week...and failing. Anyways, I'm interested in this photo assignment thing. Can you tell me more about it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey ---I'm so glad you are doing You Capture! It's fun! :) Love the little nativity from Ecuador. What a great thing to buy there & be reminded of your time there every Christmas! :) And I can show you how to move pics around! :) But that means we need to actually get together and hang out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS...Mike & Melissa--You should join in on the You Capture fun! I'm sure you would add a different & very cool take on the theme each week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. who thought of the gnome idea? what a fabulous idea. he's the perfect gnome. I agree with Debra. Print the gnome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for all the great comments. we chose the gnome because nash's grandparents collect gnomes for their yard. when i saw the costume i thought he had the perfect face for a gnome. we will definitely be choosing some pics to frame as keepers!

    ReplyDelete