Tuesday, May 24, 2011

thoughts

My head hurts. My right ear hurts. My eyes hurt. My nose is stuffy. 


I believe I have a classic sinus infection; yippee! Really, though...it's not too much fun.


In the midst of my feeling crappy I'm rather enjoying a fire my husband was kind enough to build (can you believe it's May 24th and we're burning a fire?!) and the rain falling softly outside the window while my babe enjoys his afternoon nap.


My heart is pained today. Pained for those who can't enjoy a fire or rain or even feeling crappy. Those in Joplin, Missouri who have lost it all. I know the storms have hit elsewhere recently but this one pains my heart because of connections. I know those people, not all of them, but Joplin was once home. There will always be a near and dear place in my heart for the season of life I spent there. The hospital I once worked at; gone. My roomate from college, her sister's home; gone. They have 4 kids and nothing right now; NOTHING! It's tragic! 


Currently I sit, enjoying this life, this moment I've been given.  I find myself feeling bad because I'm enjoying these moments and so many are not. This tragedy has been a reminder to me of so many things, it's not always the BIG events that cause others to not enjoy their moments; it's circumstances. So many right here in Laramie are not enjoying their moments because of conditions...not a natural disaster, but a disaster of their own circumstances. Today I'm reminded to pray -- it's simple, right?! 


Pray for those that cannot speak for themselves. Pray for restoration of communities around our world, restoration in marriage, parenting and relationships. Pray for wholeness and authenticity. Pray for those whose hearts feel as though there's nothing else. Simply pray...without ceasing...He hears me and I need to remember that!

Father, I come before you, the Maker of Heaven and Earth. The one who knows all and contains all. The one Father who has caused everything for purpose. You are good and I know that full well.  God, I cry out to you on behalf of those in Joplin and those affected by the storms. Hold them, comfort them, provide for them. Let them know that you are near. Continue to reveal yourself to them in ways unknown. Use those who still have to help offer comfort and provisions. Father cover that city. You are present and I give you praise for your presence! Bring restoration in full to Joplin Lord Jesus and protect them in the moments to come. 


Colossions 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment