Monday, January 10, 2011

here's to another year...

I can hardly believe that it's almost the middle of January 2011 already.  Time goes so quickly!  We had a wonderful ending to our year.  Spending time with family and friends brought many moments to remember and much joy to my heart.  I have continued learning and growing daily through parenting my incredible son, trying to be the wife I desire to be and growing as a daughter of the King.  So often I wish I had the words to express what a disaster I make of it sometimes and how incredible the growth in the midst is.  Eloquent speech is not mine, so there aren't too many words; simply a lot of feelings that cycle nonstop through my  mind.  Life is a journey and thank goodness for that!  I daily reflect on how incredibly blessed I am and stand in awe of how much more I'm given than I ever deserve. 


Nash is a bright eyed, often bushy tailed 14 month old and loves every aspect of his life (mostly).  He is daily growing like a weed and soaking all he can in from what's around him.  His newest love is to growl like a tiger and play chase with mama or daddy.  He was super blessed over Christmas by many and had a great time loving on his big brother Alac while he was in town visiting.  He started walking on Christmas Eve.  It was crazy to reflect where Nash was a year ago at Christmas time and to see him dive in fully for operation chaos with all of his cousins.  He has grown SO much this past year!  We are so grateful for his life and look forward to watching him continue to learn and develop!


This  year we got together with the Cooley clan for family Christmas.  Part of getting together means getting everyone in for a family picture.  There were many attempts and thankfully a few pictures that were worth keeping.  We were thankful to get everyone together for another holiday!  It's such a blessing when all can gather together and truly see all that they have to be thankful for!


The cousin shot was a bit more difficult than getting everyone.  We have some crack ups in the crowd, but thankfully we achieved what was desired...another memory!


The magical part of Christmas always has me feeling as though I live in a fairy land and that there is so much more beyond beautiful place settings and decor.  Christmas carries so many significant meanings in my heart.  I love that it becomes more meaningful for many through fanciful tables, ornaments and meals.  It allows my heart to truly embrace the FULL meaning of Christmas.  Christ loves us so completely that we get these moments of pure bliss...the moments that find you almost holding your breath because you can hardly believe it is your dining area that's been transformed for queens and kings.  Christmas is such a beautiful time!  I praise God that we get to be in remembrance of His birth during this season. 


Nash received the original 1972 Fisher Price Airport for his Christmas gift this year.  Eric and I love shopping flea markets and in November we came across this plane set in mint condition.  We just had to offer this to Nash this year!  He loves it and gets better at navigating his way with all of the pieces daily.  It was a sweet find because his Hallmark ornament this year was the FP airplane.  We couldn't have asked for a better find!


Along with his airport he also received many other gifts.  His dino tent was a huge hit.  He loves to climb inside with his blanket and books.  We somedays find ourselves living within the walls of his tent. 



Having Alac home for Christmas is always good.  We had a great visit and look forward to his next!  We continue to be so thankful for so much!  May your 2011 be filled with RICH blessing in abundance! 

No comments:

Post a Comment